– The organs and human remains.
– Narcotic drugs and psychotropic substances.
– Obscene or immoral objects.
– Counterfeit goods.
– Live animals (unless specific conditions of the carrier).
– Dead animals.
– Explosive materials (including inert or dummy munitions), flammable (alcohols, perfumes) radioactive or corrosive
– Hazardous materials such as compressed gases or any object containing gas or compressed or liquid air (aerosol products, lifeboats, fire extinguishers … etc).
– Jewelry, precious metals, banknotes, bearer securities, gold or silver, and other valuables (unless specific carrier conditions).
– Items that by their nature or packaging may pose a danger to officers, soil or damage other shipments or carrier equipment.
– Hazardous waste.
– Cultural property having a major interest for the national heritage.
– All shipments whose sensitive nature is subject to specific formalities: weapons, drugs, tobacco, asbestos, strategic goods usable for civilian or military purposes or products derived from wild animal or plant species protected by the Washington Convention.
As an exception to the principle of freedom of movement, these goods must be accompanied by official authorizations such as licenses, certificates, import or export authorizations which must be presented to Customs during an unannounced check of the consignment.
The sending of an object of any kind involving images or representations of pornographic minors is a criminal act. Also, the export, circulation and possession of counterfeit goods (goods infringing a trademark) are prohibited by the law of 5 February 1994.
Finally, the shipment of food (including alcoholic beverages) or food is regulated in most countries and generally speaking, countries have specific customs regulations for the importation of certain goods.
Some goods are not recommended for transport because of their obvious fragility which renders them unfit for transport:glass, drinks and other liquids (oils, soap, etc.), bulky HighTech products (televisions ..). You can ship them only if the packaging designed for these goods is extremely efficient, strong and suitable for the goods.