Day 1: Sousse – Kairouan 60km – Jilma 85km – Gafsa 120km – Tozeur 92km – Nefta 24km
Departure from Sousse or Monastir by air conditioned and comfortable vehicle, adapted according to the number of participants, towards the Holy City and the capital of Aghlabides Kairouan. Visit the Great Mosque “Okba Ibn Nafaa” founded in 671 and the mausoleum of the Holy Man “Abu Zama”.
Continue to the village of de Jilma and coffee break.
Direction Gafsa with the visit of its medina.
Departure to Tozeur with possibility of optional visit of the museum of palms Eden Palm which is an innovative concept whose mission is to offer visitors to the region of Tozeur a unique experience: the authentic and intelligent discovery of the world of date palm and date, respectively, tree and fruit emblematic of Tunisia. Visit of the palm grove (Conservatory garden, Meeting with artisans, shack of the metayer, tasting of gastronomic products based on date and / or palm, visit of the packaging unit and the processing laboratory, … etc.)
Visit in carriage included of the famous palm grove of Tozeur as well as its famous zoo with a local guide.
Museum tour included Chak Wak which proposes a journey in time and space, to discover the wonders of the history of the creation of the world, humanity, civilizations and monotheistic and polytheistic religions.
Check-in at a hotel 4*. Dinner and overnight at the hotel.
Day 2: Nefta – Chebika- Tamerza 90km – Ong Jmel – Nefta 90km – Chott El Jerid – Fatnassa 90km – Douz 59km
After breakfast,exit in 4×4 drive to the three oases of mountains: the cannons of chebika with a beautiful Berber village of stone and earth, overlooking a vallee cashed. Then by a track crossing tormented reliefs dominating the cascades of Tamerza, a verdiyante oasis encased in a Canyon with arid granite walls.
Direction to Nefta via Ong Jmel with a photo break to admire the famous scenery of the famous saga « Star Wars – Star Wars ».
Then visit the basket of Nefta which is a crevasse in the form of a basket from which 152 springs emerged to irrigate the whole of the palm grove of Nefta from which the springs dried up one after the other and it was the desolation in the 80s. Taking picture with panoramic view.
Departure via Chott El Jerid. Going south towards Douz “La Porte du Désert”, the landscape becomes less lunar, a whole succession of Oases of greater or lesser importance. In this region is the country of the palm grove. The most important being the crossing of the Chott El Jerid, it is the largest chotts of southern Tunisia. Stop for taking panoramic photos in the largest plain saline sterile or Tunisian Sabkha with an area of about 5.000Km ², glowing with whiteness and very dazzling under the summer sun.
Passage by Fatnassa with stop of 30mn to admire a splendid landscape with photo taking.
Continue to Douz, city called “The Door of the Desert” which is a small town in the region of Nefzaoua, with 17000 inhabitants and 25 times more palm trees, on the south-east bank of Chott El Jerid. Its main resource is the cultivation of the date palm. Its oases are splendid as well as its market of Thursday, its crafts of skins of dromedary, its Berber jewels and the breeding of the famous Sloughi (the Berber Lévrier) make of it a living museum of traditions, total disorientation guaranteed. Douz is also the hub of Saharan tourism, given its geographical location on the edge of the Eastern Erg.
Optional passage to the sports and tourism center in Zaafrane: Kart-Cross, Buggies, Quads, Camel ride in the heart of the Sahara.
Departure included for camel ride in the heart of the Sahara and witness the wonderful sunset.
Check-in at a 4 * hotel. Dinner and overnight at the hotel.
Day 3: Douz – Tamezret 87km – Matmata 12km – Metouia 57km – Sousse 265km
After breakfast, departure to Matmata via Tamezret with a stop of 30 minutes to admire the famous Berber village and taking pictures.
Lunch in Matmata.
Continuation to Metouia, free visit of the souk “El Jara” illustrates place of the sale to the slaves is always a place of famous commerce with its products earth of the area: Henné Gabsienne, Mloukhia, Anbar, Couffins, … etc.
End of the trip with return Sousse / Monastir.
– This itinerary is provided as an indication: depending on the weather and operational conditions, your guide can modify it for the group’s safety.
DESERT DISCOVERY CIRCUIT
Date of the excursion: From April 29th to May 1st 2017Circuit of 03 Days / 02 Nights Stays in category 4 hotels * Transport in air-conditioned and comfortable vehicle, adapted to the number of participants It is strictly forbidden to smoke in the vehicle
RATE PER PERSON AND IN TUNISIAN DINAR:
- ADULT: 259.000TND in double room
- CHILD from 02 to 12 years old: 215.000 TND in a separate room or with 1 adult (max 02 children)
- CHILD from 02 to 12 years old: 186.000TND lodging with 02 adults
- BABY less than 02years: 86.000TND (Transport Bus & 4 * 4)
- SINGLE SUPPLEMENT: 82.000 TND for 02 nights
THE PRICE INCLUDES :
- Transportation for 03 days in air-conditioned vehicle, non-smoking and comfortable.
- Overnight at Nefta : 1 night half board.
- Accommodation in Douz: 01 night in Half Board
- Possibility of accommodation in Single (01 adult), Double (02 adults or 01 adult + 01 child or 02 children), in Triple (02 adults + 01 child or 03 children or 01 adult + 02 children).
- Visit the famous palm grove of Tozeur in a carriage and its magnificent zoo.
- Access to the Chak Wak Museum.
- Excursion in 4×4 ( Chebika – Tameghza – Ong Jmel – Nefta ).
- Visit the famous Basket of Nefta.
- Dromedary Backpacking in Zaafrane
- Troglodyte visit to Matmata
- Francophone professional guide approved by the Tunisian National Tourist Office.
PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE :
- Personal expenses.
- Beverages of all kinds.
- Coffee break at Jilma .
- Access to the palm tree museum Eden Palm to Tozeur.
- Lunches at: Gafsa – Nefta – Matmata.
- activities at the sports and tourism center in Zaafrane
- Anything that is not mentioned in the section « THE PRICE INCLUDES ».
- Tips according to your satisfaction at the end of your trip. It is your gesture of appreciation regarding the service received.